Please read the following terms and conditions before you send us your completed booking form.
GÎTE DE MALLAST TERMS & CONDITIONS
The price for rental of the apartment is per week, including bed linen and towels. The price excludes taxe de séjour, which is a tourist tax payable by guests at 1,40 € per person per night for occupants aged 18 and over. This tax, plus a refundable security/damages deposit of 200 € will be charged on arrival.
To reserve the gîte, please first check current availability and price (either via the website or by e-mail or phone). Then read the Terms & Conditions, complete the booking form, and send it to us (by e-mail or post), together with the initial non-refundable deposit (25% of the total rental due) or full payment, if booked within 8 weeks of arrival.
Following receipt of the booking form and deposit, we will send/e-mail a confirmation. This is the formal acceptance of the booking.
We accept most credit and debit cards for euro payments, or direct transfer payments can be made to our French or UK bank accounts in euros or Sterling equivalent. (Please contact us for the exchange rate at the time of payment: we apply a supplement for Sterling payments.)
Full payment is due no later than 8 weeks before the departure date. If this is not received by the due date, we reserve the right to seek an alternative booking, and cancellation charges will be implemented.
Time of arrival is 16.00-19.30 on Saturday (or another day by prior agreement). If you need to arrange a time outside of these hours, please contact us in advance. Our check-out time is 10.00 on your day of departure, to enable us to prepare for our next guests.
The apartment is unsuitable for wheelchair access. The entrance is at street level, however there are steps up to the door. There is also a staircase leading down from the apartment to the library and to the garden. The lawn and lower garden is accessed by stairs.
Terms & Conditions
- The gîte apartment known as Gîte de Mallast is available for self-catering accommodation rental from John & Lindsay Stewart (the Owners) to you the renter (the Client) named on the booking form.
- To reserve the property the Client should read the booking form and conditions and make arrangements to pay the non-refundable 25% deposit indicated. Following the receipt of the deposit, and signed booking form, the Owners will send confirmation of the booking. This is a formal acceptance of the booking.
- The balance of the rent is payable no later than 8 weeks before the holiday booking commences. Should payment not be received by that date the booking is cancelled and the initial deposit is forfeit. Reservations made within 8 weeks of the start of the rental period require payment in full at the time of the reservation.
- Cancellation: should you need to cancel your booking after it has been confirmed, the person making the booking must notify us in writing. In the event of a cancellation, the following charges, based on the basic rental cost, are payable from the date we receive your notification. We would advise that you insure against cancellation.
- More than 56 days before the starting date – initial 25% deposit payment
- 56 -29 days – 50%, unless we can rebook the property, in which case we will refund any payment to the level of the subsequent booking, less the deposit
- 28 days or less – 100%, unless we can rebook the property, in which case we will refund any payment to the level of the subsequent booking, less the deposit
- Security deposit: A refundable security deposit of 200€ is payable on arrival, by cash or bank card (cheques are not accepted). You are required to leave the property tidy and in good order when you leave. The deposit will be held and returned to you within 14 days of the end of your holiday, subject to a satisfactory inspection of the property. You will be required to check an inventory on your arrival at the gîte. If at any time you discover that anything is missing or damaged, you must let us know immediately, otherwise we will assume the loss / damage has been caused by yourselves. We reserve the right to deduct from the deposit the cost of any damage to the property or its fittings and equipment, although the Client’s liability is not limited to this amount. We hope not to have to levy any such charge except in exceptional circumstances.
- Cleaning: The Client agrees to be a considerate tenant and to take good care of the apartment and the facilities. The Client also agrees to leave the property in a clean and tidy condition at the end of the rental period. We provide an end of stay cleaning service at a supplementary charge of 50 € for the convenience of our clients.
- Insurances: We cannot be responsible for any failure on your part to make the necessary travel arrangements, nor delays or cancellations. It is your responsibility to take out any insurance that you may require against such eventualities. The Client is strongly recommended to arrange a fully comprehensive insurance policy (including cancellation cover) and to have full cover for the party’s personal injury and belongings, public liability etc., since these will not be covered by the Owners’ insurance.
- The rental period commences at 4pm on the first day and ends at 10am on the last day. The Owner will not be obliged to offer the accommodation before the time stated and the Client will not be entitled to remain in occupation after the time stated. Your co-operation in complying with this is appreciated so that there is sufficient time to prepare the property for the following clients, although we will consider reasonable requests to vary the times, if possible.
- The accommodation is provided for the persons named on the booking form. We must be informed in advance of any alteration. The maximum capacity of the apartment is six people and this must not be exceeded. Only the number of people stated on the booking form may occupy the property, even if the maximum occupancy is not reached.
- The Client agrees not to act in any way which would cause a nuisance or disturbance to those residents in any neighbouring property. Should we consider your behaviour to be unacceptable, we reserve the right to ask you to leave the gîte. No refunds will be made.
- The Client shall report to the Owner, without delay, any defects or breakages in the apartment or breakdown in any equipment or appliances in the apartment or garden. Arrangement for repairs and/or replacements will be made as soon as possible.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owners’ liability to the Client exceed the amount already paid to the Owners under this booking.
- The rental is inclusive of water, electricity and use of the garden and lower terrace areas of Maison de Mallast/the gîte. Heating is included in the price except for the period from the second Saturday in November to the third Saturday in March, when a 30 € supplement per week is applicable. The rental cost excludes the local tourist tax (taxe de séjour) which is payable by the Client on arrival (in 2017: 0,30 € per night per person aged 18 or over).
- Bedding, linen and towels are provided, for use only inside the apartment. We can provide a baby cot and mattress with waterproof cover free of charge, on request, however, we ask clients to bring their own cot linen. Clean linen will be provided on Saturday for stays of 2 weeks or more. Additional towels for use at the local pool or to take to the beach are available for hire at 3 € per towel, if required. You will be responsible for any other washing during the course of your holiday.
- The Owners operate a no smoking policy inside the property for the comfort of other guests. Any Client disregarding this condition will forfeit their security deposit. Smoking is restricted to designated areas of the garden.
- Pets are not permitted in the property.
- The Owners shall not be liable to the Client:-
a for any temporary defect or stoppage in the supply of public services to the property, nor in respect of any equipment, plant, machinery, or appliance in the property or garden.
b for the loss, damage or injury, which is the result of adverse weather conditions, riot, war, strikes or other matters beyond the control of the Owners.
c for the loss, damage or inconvenience caused to or suffered by the Client if the property shall be destroyed or substantially damaged before the start of the rental period and in any such event, the Owners shall within seven days of notification to the Client, refund all sums previously paid in respect of the rental period.
d for any loss, injury, death or damage which may be incurred while staying at the property
e for the personal safety and security of guests (or their belongings) whilst on our premises / using items supplied by ourselves. It is the Client’s responsibility to ensure that all children are supervised, particularly in and around the terrace area and stairways.
- Under no circumstances shall the Owners liability exceed the amount paid by the Client to the Owners for the rental period.
This contract shall be governed by French law in every particular, including formation and interpretation and shall be deemed to have been made in France. Any proceedings arising out of or in connection with this contract may be brought in any court of competent jurisdiction in France.